Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tips for nice country walks

Hi all,

To get inspiration for new e cards, I like to go walking in the countryside with our dog Plum and the rest of the family. I like to have a really long walk and then stop off somewhere for a lovely cosy pub lunch and I have found a really useful website to help me which you might like too.

The British Pub Guide is a simple but very useful site which helps you to find pubs in the place that you want to go to and then lists the facilities. Its so handy and tells you; whether they serve food, real-ale, are kid-friendly, dog-friendly, have wheelchair access, have high chairs, serve coffee, have parking and even if they have a darts board! The facilities are listed in handy pictures (see below) so that you can quickly check without having to read through a long description.

Picture 1

You can also find out the address, name and contact details of the landlord as well as information on any nearby attractions and the opening hours.

You can sign up for their newsletter on the website which will tell you about new pubs and send information on special offers to treat yourself with.

Hope you find this useful, and let me know if you have any tips and ideas you want to share with us here!

Katie x

P.s. I have recently joined Facebook and would be delighted to become your friend. I am new to social media but will be using my Facebook profile to help keep you up-to-date with the Katies Cards news as well as posting interesting gift and lifestyle ideas and advice. Click here to visit my Facebook page and request friendship with me.f

No comments:

Post a Comment